This is an essential motivational tool for fat weight loss and muscle building programmes
- Body Fat %
- Body fat weight - determines health risk
- Body water %
- Total body water litres
- estimate - Average daily calorie requirement
- Body Mass Index (BMI) - plus normal range
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) - est. minimum energy requirement of the body at rest
- Lean weight
- Lean %
- Waist/ Hip ratio A record of the data The Bio-impedance Analyser It is a non-invasive device, which measures the impedance value of the body providing quick and effective analysis of body composition. Whole body analysis, rather than partial body analysis of arms or legs only, is measured for greater accuracy. Bio-impedance analysers use the scientific tetrapolar method of four electrodes which are applied to the right side of the body on the hand, wrist, foot and ankle. On entering all the parameters and resting in supine (laying flat) position with hands and legs slightly apart, the Bio-impedance analyser will pass a very small electrical signal (painless) through your body that will measure the resistances of muscle, fat, water etc. You will receive a record of the data and statistics within a couple of minutes. Accurate tracking of changes in Fat Mass and Lean Mass The results of the Bio-impedence analyser are 99% accurate and provide far more information than just a BMI !!! - Not suitable for people with Pace-Makers - !!! !!! - or in the early stages of pregnancy - !!! For the most accurate results:
- NO eating or drinking 4 to 5 hours prior to the test.
- NO exercise 12 hours prior to the test.
- NO alcohol or caffeine consumed 24 hours prior to the test.
- Try to perform the test around the same time of day.
- The key to healthy body status is not TOTAL WEIGHT but correct body composition.
- If lean muscle and fat weights are in correct proportion it does not really matter what you weigh.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Prior to taking on a new Personal Training clients we always insist that we have a consultation. The informal consultation is free and can be conducted either face to face, over the phone or via email. This will establish our suitability and any special requirements or reservations you may have will be acknowledged, understood and actioned. The Testing Consultation fee is £10.00 which will be deducted from the first lessons charge. The Testing Consultation should take approximately 40 minutes. We will run through a number of questionnaires and physical tests. Although time consuming this is vital as it will form the basis of your exercise program and indicate what areas require attention.Questionnaires can be completed in advance: QUESTIONNAIRES
- Lifestyle evaluation
- Health and Medical
- Blood pressure
- Resting heart rate
- Body fat measurement
- Height, weight and body measurements
- Lung efficiency PHYSICAL TESTING
- Muscular strength
- Muscular endurance
"Health is not valued til sickness comes."
Before any prospective client is enrolled in a Personal Training program with Toughen Up we insist on an initial meeting. We feel this is vital as not only does it ensure your suitability for exercise and determine at what level to begin. It also allows us to ensure the client is matched with a trainer that will be best able to assist the client with achieving their goal, we will then run through a number of exercises to see which you are best suited to. The final programme will be a mixture of different elements with progressions to ensure your body does not get used to the new level of exercise. As when this happens the initial pace of achievement will slow and can be quite dis-heartening.Nutrition is a major part of any weight gain or fat loss program and as such we can suggest meal plans/ supplements to suit your particular needs. Our programmes can include a mixture of the following exercises and equipment:
- Integrated/ functional body movements
- Core stability
- Abs blast
- Stretching - total body
- Kick/ Focus pad work - hands, legs, knees, elbows
- Walking, running, sprints and skipping.
- Circuit Training
- Medicine Balls
- Reaction Balls
- Tornado Balls
- Slosh Tubes
- Bulgarian Bags
- Power Bars
- Resistance Bands
- TRX System
- Non-contact, Semi and Full Contact Combat Training
- Mixed Martial Arts
- MMA Fitness
- Obstacle Course Race Training
- Trail Running
- - Race Safety
- - Race Preparation
- - Obstacle Course Race Techniques
- - Movement Skills
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
"accept the challenge"
"What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?."